Tuesday, September 23, 2008

This Week at Spinner

Spinner.com has become one of my favorite music sites because of their "Full CD Listening Party," a weekly updated collection of new streaming albums. They often have a nice selection, and I've made some excellent discoveries there from time to time.

Here are some favorites from this week:

Cold War Kids - Loyalty To Loyalty
I know I already posted a link about this album being streamed elsewhere, but I think it's worth mentioning again. Review forthcoming.

Jenny Lewis - Acid Tongue
From what I've heard so far, Acid Tongue is another standout album from the Rilo Kiley front woman.


These United States - Crimes
An interesting alt-rock album with folk and Americana influences. Much stronger than their previous effort.

Blitzen Trapper - Furr
A blast back to the past filled with Neil Young-style folk rock songs and strange stories. Review forthcoming.

Ed Laurie - Meanwhile In The Park

I don't know much about Ed Laurie, but his seven song debut album immediately caught my attention. For fans of folk music in the vein of Nick Drake.

Mason Proper - Olly Oxen Free
An album reminiscent of 90's indie rock. Subtle, melodic, and well-written.

Gay Blades - Ghosts
An odd mix of punk, folk, and alt-rock from this guitar and drum duo determined to shake things up.


Take some time and check these new albums (and others) out this week.

0 comments: