Monday, September 29, 2008

This Week: Spinner Full CD Listening Party

I've said it before, and I'll continue to praise Spinner.com for their Full CD Listening Party that streams full albums the week they're released. There are always at least a few gems to be found, and this week is no exception. Here's what I recommend:

Ben Folds - Way To Normal
Folds is back to his irreverent, piano-pop ways with his latest release. It's a bit of a mixed bag, but there are some great tunes. I'll have a review up soon.

Black Gold - Tragedy & Legacy
An interesting EP release from Eric Ronick of Panic At The Disco and Than Luu. Sounds like an experiment worth paying attention to.

Dear And The Headlights - Drunk Like Bible Times
I saw this band live a while ago and was impressed. I had forgotten about them until today when I saw them on Spinner. It's complex, yet melodic indie rock that gives a great first impression.

Dungen - 4
I don't know much about Scandinavian musician Gustav Ejstes, but I'm intrigued but his new album recorded under the name Dungen. He mixes a variety of sounds and instruments to create a hazy psych-rock sound unlike anything I've heard.

Joseph Arthur And The Lonely Astronauts - Temporary People
I've never really gotten into Joseph Arthur, but I know he's been around for a while. At first listen, Temporary People appears to be a solid low-key rock album.

Angus and Julia Stone - Just A Boy EP
Quaint boy/girl indie rock. Nothing spectacular, but worth a listen.


There are another dozen albums this week, so check it out!

0 comments: