Tuesday, October 21, 2008

New Releases Worth Hearing: 10/21

Here's a list of this week's releases that I've been listening to:

Matisyahu - Shattered [EP]
I'm not Matisyahu's biggest fan, but I'm really digging a couple of tunes from his latest EP. Check out the fantastic 'Smash Lies' here.


Parts and Labor - Receivers
This is the first I've heard from this Brooklyn-based noise-rock outfit and I find their unique take on the genre fascinating. Check out the album this week on Spinner, especially "Nowheres Nigh."


The Sea and Cake - Car Alarm

Breezy, low-key indie pop tunes with a slightly jazzy twist make up the majority of Car Alarm, the latest from vets The Sea and Cake. Listen at Spinner.


Of Montreal - Skeletal Lamping
Another strange concoction of funky pop tunes from one of indie rock's most prolific bands.
My review


Roll The Tanks - Suffer City
Roll The Tanks are a new punk-rock band from L.A. reminiscent of classic punk groups like The Clash and The Ramones. It's noisy, melodic, and fun. Listen at Spinner.


The Dears - Missiles
The Dears make beautiful alternative rock with both organic and electronic elements. Their new release Missiles is one of my favorites this week. Listen at Spinner.
My Review


Her Space Holiday - XOXO, Panda and the New Kid Revival
An indie pop album full of sunny melodies, pleasant harmonies, and bouncy acoustic guitars Listen at Spinner.

0 comments: