Thursday, December 11, 2008

It's "Best Of" time in the city

Well, I've just finished my five-part series of the best of the year, but I'll include them all here in list format just for kicks. Remember, this is alphabetical! Also, check out links to other lists I've included after mine!

The Black Keys - Attack & Release
Blitzen Trapper - Furr
Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago
Calexico - Carried To Dust
Cloud Cult - Feel Good Ghosts
Coldplay - Viva La Vida
Conor Oberst - Conor Oberst
Delta Spirit - Ode To Sunshine
The Dodos - Visiter
Drive-By Truckers - Brighter Than Creation's Dark
Elbow - The Seldom Seen Kid
Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes
Frightened Rabbit - The Midnight Organ Fight
The Gaslight Anthem - The '59 Sound
Horse Feathers - House With No Home
Johnny Flynn - A Larum
Larsen & Furious Jane - Zen Sucker
Marching Band - Spark Large
The Republic Tigers - Keep Color
Ryan Adams & The Cardinals - Cardinology
Shearwater - Rook
Sigur Ros - Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust
TV On The Radio - Dear Science
Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend
Wolf Parade - At Mount Zoomer

For those of you interested in this kind of thing, I'm including links to a bunch of popular "best of 2008" lists here. Go read them, write angry comments, fight amongst yourselves, after all, 'tis the season.

Q - Top 50
(Kings of Leon, seriously, SERIOUSLY?!)

Spin - Top 40 (Very hit-and-miss for me)

Rolling Stone - Top 50 (Any list that includes My Morning Jacket in the top 10 makes me wonder...)

Stereogum Readers Poll - Top 50 (One of the better lists I've seen, Fleet Foxes, TV On The Radio, and Bon Iver take the top three)

Uncut's Top 50 and Mojo's Top 50 - via Stereogum (Two decent lists, though the commenters are up in arms, as usual)

Blender - Top 33 (eh, not feeling this one)

Paste - Top 50 (When I saw TV On The Radio at 50 I was worried, but it ended up being a good, if mixed-up, list)

NME - Top 10 (They haven't revealed their full top 50 list, but from the top 10, I'm not eager to see it)

Both Filter (who's top 10 I've already mentioned) and Pitchfork (who's list isn't out yet) have included "guest" lists from artists submitting their top 10 or so albums.

Filter.com (check out the left sidebar for an ongoing list)
Also, Filter is working with erockster.com to provide songs from all those artists as well as from their respective "best of 2008" albums lists

Pitchfork - Guest List: Best of 2008

0 comments: