Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Iceland's Lay Low preps new record, offers free song


Though Iceland has certainly given us some very worthwhile music in recent years, I don't believe I've heard any Icelandic artists that fit into the country/folk genre, which makes newcomer Lay Low unique among her peers (at least in my experience). Her sophomore effort, Farewell Good Night's Sleep will be released on May 26th, a followup to her acclaimed 2007 debut (a huge hit in Iceland), Please Don't Hate Me. Lovisa Elisabet Sigrunardottir, the single artist behind the Lay Low name, is a talented writer with a love for blues, folk, and Americana, which she delivers with a unique and fresh perspective.

You can download a song from her upcoming album below. "By and By" is a lovely pop-folk tune with a classic country edge and serves as a nice introduction to Lay Low if you haven't heard her music before. Grab that and head over to her MySpace to hear more. Also, Lay Low has a few upcoming tour dates which you can find below as well.

By and By
(zipped MP3)


Tour dates:

Thur, March 26 New York, NY @ Mercury Lounge (w/ Elizabeth & the Catapult)

Sat, March 28 New York, NY @ Hiro Ballroom (w/ Emiliana Torrini)

Sun, March 29 San Francisco, CA @ The Independent (w/ Emiliana Torrini)

Mon, March 30 Los Angeles, CA @ The Troubadour (w/ Emiliana Torrini)


Track List:

I Forget It's There
By and By
The Reason Why My Heart's in Misery
Last Time Around
On My Own
Farewell Good Night's Sleep
Why do I Worry?
Days Have Been
Little by Little
My Second Hand Heart
The Country Ballad

0 comments: